#SupportSaturday Winner Chimera’s Comics: More than a store, it’s a community!
Now I’ve been on Kickstarter for a minute (I had my first project funded in 2002 under an alias) and I’ve seen plenty of comic book and graphic novel projects looking for a way to fund the dream. What I haven’t seen is too many comic shops planting their flag in the crowdfunding arena. So when I spotted Chimera’s Comics campaign it piqued my interest.
When I watched the video and saw the guys dedication to the comics community I was all-in. Plus I have a massive soft spot for ancillary promotional items with cool logos. For the #SupportSaturday campaign, I picked out a couple of games that looked tasty:
- Brewers +115
The Milwaukee Brewers (+115) were sending Freddy Peralta to the hill to face the hapless Minnesota Twins. The chalk was favorable as a road dog and as expected The Brew Crew took over in the 5th and never looked back, cruising to a 5-4 win.
- Pirates -125
The second game was equally tasty as the Pittsburgh Pirates (-125) were at home facing the San Diego Padres. But this wasn’t going to go according to plan as the Padres knocked 3 runs across in the first and the Pirates couldn’t get a man across until the eighth resulting in a 6-2 loss.
Chimera had to settle for Stage 1 funding and I had to settle for an overall bet record of 7-5 with the #SupportSaturday record falling to 2-4. This isn’t the side of the ledger I like to be on. But no time to fret, it’s back on the horse in June.
#SupportSaturday can help you too!
Want to get in on some #SupportSaturday for your project??
Here are the rules:
- Email your Kickstarter link to email@example.com by the third Thursday of the month.
- I will select a project to back. (min. $100)
- On the 3rd Saturday of the month, I will place a 2-team parlay equal to the backing amount.
- We pull for those teams to win.
- IF the bet wins, YOUR project wins. I will double the initial pledge.
- A win also means a 2ND PROJECT WINS, as I will back a second project with any funds in excess of double the original backing amount.
And that’s it, two winners equal two winners and some cool stuff getting made. Plus it gives me an excuse to get to the sports book and hang out with unsavory characters. Submit your project today.