Creepy clowns get backed by #SupportSaturday in horror film icons’ “Clown Motel”
I discovered “Clown Motel” while looking for a project to back with the bonus winnings from the successful Houston Rockets 1st Half -5 and Los Angeles Lakers -4.5 parlay. Being a fan of horror films and the fact that this was a homegrown project from Nevada made it a front runner for certain. But when I saw the cast had a pedigree from some iconic horror films the choice was automatic. “Clown Motel” is written by Joseph Kelly and features Ari Lehman and Tony Moran-better known as the actors that portrayed the First Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th) and the First Michael Myers (Halloween).
I found myself wishing I had an extra grand laying around to drop and put them over the top of their goal that very moment. But Support Saturday is a marathon not a sprint so I back them for the overage only.
The Clown Motel is Real
I discovered the actual Clown Motel on my way to Reno for my first signing for Scrimshaw at Barnes and Noble. At first glance I wished I’d had the time to stay overnight but the road to Reno from Las Vegas is a long one so I snapped a quick pick and kept going. Maybe one day I’ll get back that way but until then I’ll just have to live vicariously through a horror flick which ain’t so bad. We’ll see you in April for the next installment of #SupportSaturday.
#SupportSaturday can help you too!
Want to get in on some #SupportSaturday for your project??
Here are the rules:
- Email your Kickstarter link to firstname.lastname@example.org by the third Thursday of the month.
- I will select a project to back. (min. $100)
- On the 3rd Saturday of the month, I will place a 2-team parlay equal to the backing amount.
- We pull for those teams to win.
- IF the bet wins, YOUR project wins. I will double the initial pledge.
- A win also means a 2ND PROJECT WINS, as I will back a second project with any funds in excess of double the original backing amount.
And that’s it, two winners equal two winners and some cool stuff getting made. Plus it gives me an excuse to get to the sports book and hang out with unsavory characters. Submit your project today.