Black Mirror Meets Romeo and Juliet in #SupportSaturday Winner CORONARY!!
The Support Saturday project for April is a slick looking series from writer Ryan Burke. I acquainted myself with Ryan on Twitter as he was looking to extend his network of comic folk. I was excited to see that he had launched his Kickstarter to collect Issues 1-3 of Coronary which is touted as Black Mirror meets Romeo and Juliet.
The premise is that plastic surgery is free in a future London that is gripped by madness, dominated by cosmetic surgeons, lifestyle coaches, and pill-pushers. A futuristic “wasteland” where people are most likely hamstring-ed by their own vapid pursuits, count me in.
I pledged at the $100 level and then jumped on Vegasinsider.com to take a look at the days offerings. I felt like the extra dough for the project was going to be airmailed as I quickly settled on:
- Arizona Diamondbacks -170
- Boston Red Sox -165
Both teams were mopping the competition up on the regular and I was looking forward to another W and backing an extra project. But alas that was not to be the case. The Diamondbacks handled business but the BoSox ran smack into a buzz saw named Sean Manaea. The Oakland A’s pitcher threw a gem and put a no-hitter on the boys from Beantown.
You never see the one that knocks you out I suppose. Still Coronary received some support and made their funding goal by a healthy amount.
That brings the overall bet record to 6-4 with a Support Saturday record of 2-3. So the win one, lose one continues.
I’m confident May will see us back in the W column, so send in your projects!!!
#SupportSaturday can help you too!
Want to get in on some #SupportSaturday for your project??
Here are the rules:
- Email your Kickstarter link to email@example.com by the third Thursday of the month.
- I will select a project to back. (min. $100)
- On the 3rd Saturday of the month, I will place a 2-team parlay equal to the backing amount.
- We pull for those teams to win.
- IF the bet wins, YOUR project wins. I will double the initial pledge.
- A win also means a 2ND PROJECT WINS, as I will back a second project with any funds in excess of double the original backing amount.
And that’s it, two winners equal two winners and some cool stuff getting made. Plus it gives me an excuse to get to the sports book and hang out with unsavory characters. Submit your project today.